Kudos and Items to Swap Explained
Do you have something you’re not using or wearing? Swap it. Were you given a gift that’s not quite ‘you’? Swap it.
Does that item no longer fit? Swap it.
Upload the things you no-longer need and swap them for things you do. Whether you are doing your spring clean or just need a change, swap- studio can help.
We accept all brands, just make sure you follow our photo guide to ensure your images meet our community requirements. Once approved, you’ll be able to swap as much as you like…. this is where kudos comes in.
How do kudos work?
Think of swap-studio as enabling you to give something away to a friend you haven’t met yet. But in order to facilitate this, we invented kudos.
kudos is not money. It’s just a means of exchange. When it comes to swap-studio and kudos we have just one principle:
If our community is a river, kudos is the water. Swap-studio will flourish when kudos flows.
kudos is how we keep things fair and our community thriving, but in order to maintain this we set a few boundaries.
- 50 is the maximum kudos anyone can receive for a single item. We do this because we realise that the items you upload are things you no longer want or need.
So no matter the brand or retail value of the item, it’s currently not working for you and taking up space in your home. But it could be loved by someone else. So we enable anyone in our community to give it a second home.
- The minimum kudos for an item is 5. Don’t think your item is worth 5 kudos? Then combine it with something else and offer both together.
- The number of kudos for each item is a multiple of 5. This one is just to make it easy on you. An item can be swapped for anywhere between 5 and 50 kudos: for example 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. We do this to promote kudos as merely a means of fair exchange and not as a price for a good.
- Unused kudos will be donated on the 1st of every month. On the 1st of every month, all unused kudos will return to a community pool to be donated to one of our supported charities. You can extend the life of your kudos by upgrading to an Unlimited Subscription. You can then keep your kudos as long as your subscription remains active.
- We carefully assess all goods. You can indicate the amount of kudos you would like in exchange for your item. We evaluate each item and review the requested kudos based on a few key metrics including condition, desirability, seasonality and retail value.
Can I buy kudos?
No, but we give bonus kudos to new members for signing up and uploading their first product so you can start swapping right away.
The best way you can accrue kudos is by uploading and swapping the great things you no longer need or want. Here are some other ways to earn kudos:
- Sign up for a monthly subscription. You'll get bonus kudos for each month you have an active subscription. Subscribe now.
- Invite friends. If you invite a friend to swap-studio, you will both get 5 bonus kudos once they register. If your friend uploads a product to swap, we'll give you another 5 kudos! Up to a maximum of 100 kudos. Invite now.
What do you accept?
We accept freshly-laundered, gently-used clothing and accessories for men, woman and kids as well as other items for kids and household goods.
Clothing is ideally free from stains, tears/rips/holes, missing/broken parts and alterations. All defects must be shown in photographs/ listed in product listing All items must be free from odours, pilling, fading, stretching.
Sometimes we see garments that are totally wearable, but have a minor imperfection. Whether it's a tiny snag, a faint stain or a missing button, at our discretion, we may accept a garment. We only accept items that are absolutely wearable, so don't be afraid to try something that is imperfect! Specific details about the flaw should be clearly mentioned in the product listing. (Sometimes these flaws are too small to be visible in the product photos.)
Make sure that all items are clean, intact and presentable. Please iron or steam if needed.
What brands do you accept?
We accept all brands! We even accept items that are missing its tags. If it's in good condition, go ahead and list it.
What don't you accept?
Items must be free from stains, tears/rips/holes, odours, pilling, fading, stretching, missing/broken parts, signs of pests (moths). We also won’t accept fake goods and individual CDs or DVDs.
In addition, we do not accept items in the following categories:
Any goods that are copies of brands, replicas, smuggled goods or counterfeits (e.g. branded items, media articles) are patent infringements and will not be showcased on swap-studio.Items that glorify violence or are discriminatory
Offensive items that glorify violence or discriminate or attack people because of gender, ethnic background, nationality, skin color, language, beliefs, sexual, religious, or political orientations.Pornographic content
Objects with pornographic or soft-pornographic content.Fur and items made from endangered animals
Any products that are made with the fur or other parts of protected animals or endangered wildlife.Religious items
Religious articles, blessed products or items that clearly advertise a specific religion.